Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How do we make a trinity of Male-Female?

Hi Clare,

I too have been thinking about S#3, and her hospitalization...
she has always worried me, but more so as we get older.
I am reluctant to say that she is vulnerable to illnesses...I keep trying to rephrase that idea to make it sound nonjudgmental ...it's not intended to be.

With my recent research and literature searches I see the patterns...

I worry about all of us...
the Delana clan has many strikes...
genetics...
abuse...
addictions...
and unhealthy lifestyles.
Sometimes I find myself amazed that all 9 (or 11) of us are still alive.

As for the thoughts of male and female...
I understand what you are saying.
I am having trouble articulating my thoughts on this...
I do not believe that it is good to identify 'them' and 'us'...
because we are all connected at a soul level...
We have created the separation by becoming human and incarnating into a separate body.
If we can remember who we are...and where our true self (soul) remains...
Then we would treat each other as we want to be treated because we could see we are affecting ourselves with each interaction.
Male and female are different manifestations of the same energy...
but both are required for completeness...
Just as each being has a light and a shadow side...and each must be known to understand completely...
I think that by vilifying the male...just as we vilify the shadow...we are left incomplete.
Not only is that energy within each individual but within family, community, society, and so on...

I am thinking of trinities...
I like trinities...
they seem so complete...
and wondering if there is a third force necessary for completeness...
male/female/???
I will have to think about that one.

I was paging through the Gospel of Mary Magdalene tonight looking for references to  androgyne...
the connection between male and female...but I was remembering incorrectly.
It talked about 'anthropos' or 'whole being'...
There was a beautiful quote that made me stop and consider...

The divine lover is spirit without body;
The physical lover is body without spirit;
The spiritual lover possesses spirit and body.

Fully human and fully spirit...simultaneously.
I'm not sure how that fits in with male/female...
but it is sticking with me...
so I offer it for your consideration.
Maybe it is that we are so much more than male/female.

Lots to think about...
In the Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment