Thursday, March 14, 2013

the third part...

Grandma survived until...96?  But she was deaf and blind by the time she died.  I worry about that.  We live a long time, at least on the paternal side, but we don't live well.  We're not healthy and lively and engaged.  Mom's side - everyone dies a lot younger.  So, I don't know what to expect, or what exactly to worry about.

I was worried about S#3, though, just because it seemed to take her longer to bounce back.

We are all connected at soul level.  And spiritually, we're probably not exactly male or female.  Or maybe we are androgynous, a bit of each.  But there is a reason we are female now.  There is a reason we are fighting for women's rights, and trying to defend the environment.  The feminine must somehow be elevated and respected.  It can't just move with the male.  I feel like I am having a hard time expressing this.  We need the masculine to join with the feminine and bring the aspects into balance.

(When rereading, I had an image of men reaching down to help women up...it was gentle and joyful.)

I can remember being four years old - I remember the house - and watching the boys, and being so happy I wasn't one of them.  It was such a clear thought - "I'm glad I am not a boy!"  I am not a girly-girl, but there is something feminine in who I am.

Us and them, division and separation,  is the root of violence, but maybe we only recognize the separation and the bigotry by defining it, by studying it, by recognizing it.  That has to be the first step.

I remember when it became trendy to go see the male strippers in the 80s.  Friends invited me to join them one night.  But I remember thinking that I didn't like the exploitation and objectification of women, therefore I would not participate in doing that to men.  Then when the man-bashing jokes become trendy in the late 90s, again, I realized that they were not funny, but instead rather violent.  And so I didn't participate in that either.  

I spent a lot of time considering the male - female - other part of self today.  Female is maiden - mother - crone.  Male must be boy/son - father - sage.  I have often seen the two triangles atop each other, creating a hexagon of humanity.  But what is the third part of male - female.  When I consider sexual connection, the third would have to be something spiritual. 

A friend said we are moving from a time of duality to a time of triality.  But he has no idea what that means...

Guess we wait for inspiration!

Love and hugs and sweet dreams,

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment