Saturday, March 23, 2013

The long and winding road...

I got tied up in the old..."too many things at one time" and didn't realize that I was still working until I asked where my youngest was and husband said, "he's been in bed for half an hour".

It's coming closer and closer to the end of the semester and I am sensing the building pressure...So I try to diffuse that by working diligently.

I talked with Mom yesterday...it was good. I had sensed that I needed to do that, but expected that it was something more important than just checking in...maybe checking is important these days. I just follow my intuition.

As for the George Bush thoughts...I am convinced that he thought he was doing the right thing. From his skewed perspective everything that he did was justified. A good friend of mine still thinks he is the best leader we've had in recent history. I have been hearing numerous talk shows about the Iraq war and the senseless wasted resources and human lives...in retrospect people are seeing more clearly. I have not heard any response from him about the discussions...it would be interesting to see if time has changed any of his ideas and what his recollections of the Iraq war would be.

So Easter is a time of spiritual resurrection...I think we did that over this past year. We have both symbolically found the parts of ourselves that we had locked away for safe keeping. But have we been able to breathe life back into them? I have not had any of those dream images in a long while, at least that I remember. Have you thought of your little "frozen baby"? Perhaps over the next year we can breathe, or sing, or dance, or play some life back into them.

I was posting on another social media site and wrote the words of Isaac Pennington...

Our life is love, and peace, and tenderness;
and bearing one with another,
and forgiving one another,
and laying not accusations one against another;
but praying for one another,
and helping one another up with a tender hand. (1667)

Do I accept tenderness from another?
Sometimes, when I am particularly open I do...
but generally I would not accept tenderness because I would misconstrue it as a sign of weakness instead of as a sign of trust, love and forgiveness.
I am so incredibly drawn to this quote though.
I first heard it on a CD by a Quaker woman who sings some of the more famous Quakerly quotes...
and I see it with a certain regularity...it must be calling to me. I will have to sit with it.

I am trying to take stock of where we've journeyed this past year. It's been a winding path, but definitely with forward movement....a few backslides, but that just gave us an opportunity to approach the obstacle in a different way. I am grateful that you are walking beside me.

Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment