Tuesday, February 9, 2016

poorly done Maggie!


Clare,

I saw this video on social media today. It is powerful. It is disturbing.

http://damn.com/dear-daddy/?utm_source=damn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=deardaddydamn&utm_rcreplace_3430=3812


The article is very interesting.It feels like what they are dying is right on…now there is data to prove it. I might have to get a copy of that book.

The young men did not talk about my older son's rant.
I did not talk about it.
I guess I am embarrassed by his outburst…
or unwilling to admit that his refusal could derail the whole fostering.
I am saddened by this…
very sad…
so sad that my body is now sick…
achey, flu-y, tired…
sad to the bone.

I don't know how to proceed. I don't know who to talk to. I feel that time is necessary to sort it all out…
but these young men have been waiting for years.
I don't think that I can disappoint them…
not like all of the others.
God help me figure this out…
what is the way forward?

My brain hurts today.

I had one client today. It is my last week at the counseling center. We talked for well over an hour. At the end I started to explain that her next visit would be with another therapist- assuming we had spoken about my leaving previously. Well, looking back I hadn't seen her since mid-January, and I hadn't discussed this previously. Poorly done Maggie!
I was so embarrassed that I had been so direct, brutally honest- "see you later, have a good life".
But it was a genuine mistake.

I don't have much in me tonight.
I hope you have a good evening.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment