Tuesday, February 9, 2016

less than human

Hi Maggie,

I watched the video. I started crying. I started crying because I am a whore, I am a cunt, I am the temptress.  The sisters told me so in elementary school - when I was too young to argue, too young to understand, but old enough to accept this truth.  I am bad, I am flawed.  The original sin is being female or lowering oneself to have sex with a female.  I heard all of this...I am a bitch.  Watching this made me realize that by labeling us, we become the other.  I might think I am a white human, but actually I am a cunt who happens to be white.

Blacks were counted as 3/4 of a person in the census back in the day.  They were kept like livestock, feed was mixed and measured to maximize labor for minimized cost. I saw some of the recipes for the feed mix, once. It looked like what I fed my sheep.  They were seen as other - livestock - not human.

In India, I have read, the best food is kept for sons. Daughters are simply kept alive.

When we began our preemptive attacks on Iraq thirteen years ago, I started hearing young people use terms like rag-head and camel-jockey.  I knew the dehumanization had begun.  They were beginning to identify people from the mid-east as the other, therefore not human...therefore not white male.

It is the only way to overcome innate humanity which keeps us from raping or killing fellow human beings.  

Gook, camel-jockey, nigger, whore...all less than human.  All available to be used by white males.  All available to be removed if a white man doesn't want them here anymore. And it's not a big crime to lynch a black man, or to beat your wife to death.

About your son. Again, talk to a lawyer and see if there are exceptions.  Or, aren't your son's fingerprints already on file with the local police because of the marijuana incident?   Or, a friend  who works is this area said that if your son can prove he never lived in another state, local clearance may be enough.  The government just needs to know he hasn't committed crimes against  children anywhere else.  The other idea I had was talk to S#5's husband. Out brother-in-law will be able to share some good insight for both you and your son.

Does your oldest son know he is derailing the fostering?  Or is he counting on you pulling a rabbit out of your hat and making everything okay?

So Maggie isn't perfect.  You misspoke to someone.  I know when I do that, I treasure those hurts forever. I pull them out of my memory to measure how thoughtless I am.  Don't be me. Be kind to yourself.

And I am not surprised you are getting sick. You have so much going on. So, dear sister, how are you going to take care of yourself?  You need it. You deserve it.

Love and hugs from Clare



No comments:

Post a Comment