Monday, February 8, 2016

just a woman

Hi Maggie,

You said the two young men overheard your discussion with your son.  What was their reaction?

Maybe you could talk to a lawyer and find some sort of loophole for avoiding forcing your son to submit.  There always seem to be some, if you really read the law.  It might be a good idea to really read the law anyway...

Yes means yes is a good first step, but it is so simplistic.  I don't think women have the freedom to say yes or no yet. But we are taking the steps.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2012/04/24/what-sex-means-for-world-peace/

I thought you would be interested in this article.

I read it and am overwhelmed.  I think of all the disappeared Chinese girls. All of the disappeared Indian girls. I think of the probably millions of women murdered as witches. It is so easy not to see this, but once it is in front of you, it can't be unseen.

Yes means yes, and no means no...but not if you really don't have a voice.

It is late, and I am tired, so I think I will let that article speak for me tonight!

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment