Tuesday, February 23, 2016

confusing

Clare,
The article is powerful…
we are socialized to accept assault as consensual sex.
I honestly don't think that after age 10 I have been assaulted…
but there are times when I'd rather not…and husband pouts…and so I do…
is that assault? coercion? consensual?
It's very confusing.
It's confusing because females have been taught to comply with men's desires.
It's confusing because females have been taught to feel responsible for everyone's emotions...
carrying the burden of unhappy men, and children, and parents, and on and on and on…
It must also be confusing to be on the male side…
mixed messages of virility, masculinity, machismo…

Anyway, today is husband's birthday…
55 today.
I cannot believe I'm married to a 55 year old man!
How does this stuff happen?
I have no plans made…
my youngest took my car for the day…
so I guess we're going out for dinner tonight.

Oh well, I am still struggling with putting emotions into words…
I seem to have a block right now.

I'll be back tomorrow.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment