Monday, February 15, 2016

busy week...

Clare,
My young friend politely answered people at Meeting, "it was nice" when asked what he thought about Meeting. On the way home I asked him- he said, "it was boring". Our Meeting gathers, has about 15 minutes of opening exercises- singing and a message- and then into silence. The kids leave for First Day School about 10 minutes later. He was afraid to go with the other kids. He seemed to want to, but said he'd rather stay there in Meeting. Suddenly he said, "yeah, I'll go" and got up and followed them. I waited a few minutes and then went to check- he was comfortably seated with the other teens.

Later in the day he told me he's like to go back to Meeting. When I asked him why he answered, I made a friend there." It's a young man whose grandparents are good friends of mine. His grandfather was moved from foster home to foster home as a kid. He is now a social worker/counselor and an extraordinary human being. He is one of the people I asked for advice about offering to foster these young men. I think that's a good start.

It is also cold here. We are getting snow that is supposed to turn to rain- heavy rain.
This winter is trying my patience. Every time something good is scheduled it ends up snowing, and stuff gets postponed. This week will hopefully prove that wrong. Thursday we are going out for dinner to celebrate daughter #2's 22 birthday. We have concert tickets to see the Tedeschi Trucks band on Friday evening. Saturday we are attending a Buddhist retreat on long, happy relationships. Saturday evening we will pick up the older young man and he will do another overnight, and his brother will join him on Sunday. I think husband may have to work on Sunday again.

I was given a book by my Catholic nun friend- Sister C- it's called When God is Gone Everything is Holy: The Making of a Religious Naturalist by Chet Raymo. I am going to start that tonight as I cuddle up on the couch to avoid the cold. I'll let you know what I find.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment