Tuesday, February 2, 2016

patience

Clare,

Good evening dear sister. I hope that you are resting.

It's Ground Hog's Day…
once, many years ago I made meatloaf on Ground Hog's Day…
shaped as a ground hog…
it made my kids laugh and gross out, simultaneously.

I am amused that the sun was brilliant this morning and yet they said the shadow was not seen…
last year it was dark and overcast, but he saw the shadow…
I am beginning to think this is a hoax!!
the crap we do for entertainment!

I will have to find that movie. It sounds amazing, and I could use a good cry.

I was viewing my on line lecture this afternoon and once concept struck me that I want to share.

If a child is traumatized they will experience repetition and reliving of the experience (consciously or unconsciously)- they get stuck in that experience and carry it to adulthood.

If a child does not attach to their parent/caregiver they experience poor communication, mood dysregulation, dissociation, poor relationships, self-harm/suicide, and addictions carried into adulthood.

When I consider our family, and its legacy, it is obvious that we carry both. We are poorly attached to our parents and then traumatized with no safe place to retreat to. We got a double whammy!
I think the step forward that we made in our generation was a better early connection to our kids- strong attachments which encouraged us to be strongly protective. I was neurotically protective of mine.

I have a foster parent training this Saturday. Husband is trying to switch his on call day so that he can also attend. If he doesn't the whole process will be delayed by about 6 weeks, until they offer another class. My older son is currently refusing to have the FBI fingerprinting done- looking for federal offenses. I'm not sure what will happen if he continues to refuse that.
Sometimes I wish I lived alone!
not really…
I just wish they were more oriented away from their own sphere and could see the big picture…
I guess they could say the same about me.
Patience is one of life's lessons this incarnation…
and so I wait.

My next meeting with the new job was postponed until Friday…
more patience.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment