Sunday, November 16, 2014

schizo

Habitual repression of emotion leaves a person in a situation of chronic stress, and chronic stress creates an unnatural milieu in the body.                                    -Gabor Mate, M. D.

I talked to S#3 earlier today - just checking in and catching up.  She went to the geneticist this week and had all of her tests done.  She found  that you had done a lot of research and gave a very thorough family history. Thank you for doing that work.

I did not know that all of Dad's siblings had had cancer.  I only knew about Uncle B. and his lung cancer.  The information makes the quote above more poignant. I am thinking about the chronic stress of appearing normal.  It must have been our family goal for the last centuries.

I read something once that said an overfunctioning immune system led to allergies and an underfunctioning immune system led to cancer.  I read that statistically, people who have allergies are less likely to get cancer.  Is that true?  Does that mean our family is a fluke?

I think that generations of sexual, psychological, emotional and physical abuse has made us targets for disease also...

I think abuse leads to allergic response, but also to cancer...I just didn't know we could be so physically schizophrenic that we could be both...

I also think that what happens to us happens to the Earth, and what happens to the Earth happens to us.  We can not continue treating ourselves, our families, our environment like shit and escape with no repercussions.  We are sick as the Earth is sick.  We have to love each other. We have to love Dad...

I'm feeling a bit Biblical here...love thy neighbor, do good to those who would harm you, turn the other cheek...am I creating verses here???

Lots invading my mind.


Hope it is warm and sunny where you are.  It is grey here - the calm before the snow and sleet storm...

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment