Thursday, June 11, 2015

summer unstructured

Clare,

I have an unexpected free morning today…
4 clients have cancelled so far…
I've spent my morning walking, and I've just applied for 2 teaching positions…
both are in psychology departments at branch campuses near my home.

I am already scheduled to teach one course at the closest campus…
the one I've taught at previously.
But, I want to use my social work knowledge too.
I'm hoping to have morning classes 5 days a week and then counsel in the afternoons.

Summer time is upon us.
The schedule of the day is unstructured…
which I like to a point…
the youngest started off-season football practice last evening…
he'll do that Mon - Thurs evenings…
and he starts at Wendy's next week…
hopefully those activities and spending time with his girlfriend will prevent boredom.
Boredom is a huge problem with both my boys…
it triggers drug use…
can't think of anything else to do.

The older son is still looking for a job, but doesn't really want to work.
He is enjoying the freedom of time.

I just talked (actually texted) with S#4. She is doing well. Expansion begins tomorrow for her. I advised patience…
don't rush to fill the expanders because it will end up hurting and potentially complicating the issue.

My little dog is resting…
mostly comfortable…
but she definitely has times of discomfort…
she whines and shakes all over.
I don't remember her or the other one being this uncomfortable in the previous experiences.
Oh well, time and love will heal her.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment