Tuesday, June 9, 2015

collecting misfits

Clare,

I'm sorry, I read the posts over the weekend and then was pulled in another direction…
I forgot to come back to this.
Last evening I had an appointment with my reiki healer…
she told me that I am maintaining my connection between top and bottom halves of my body.
I actually laughed out loud at that…
the image of me walking and losing half of myself…
gives a new meaning to "the bottom dropping out" …
anyway, I'm trying to juggle too much as usual.

I am running into obstacles at both of my jobs…
I'm getting the message that it is time for me to create or move onto something else.
I've been struck several times this past two weeks with people telling me they set up homes for people who don't have one…one was for ex-prisoners, the other for juveniles, and another for LGTBQ young adults…it is an interesting concept.
I just don't know how to proceed.
Do I start collecting misfits like I do horses and cats?
Or do I consciously and intentionally create a space for healing and belonging?

I am starting to feel a little more energy coming back to my body. I've been able to walk each day and not consume quantities of ice cream when stressed…I think that's progress.

I was reading about grief too…
an interesting association that I read was to the word gravid, which is pregnant…
so is it the weight of the pregnancy that is alluded to or should grief be a part of pregnancy?
I think it's the weight carried. I remember reading Carolyn Myss who wrote, "the more weight (spiritual weight) you carry, the longer you have to wait"…maybe that has something to do with grief.

Tomorrow my little dog has surgery on her left, back leg. She tore the cruciate ligament and it will be surgically repaired. She has a repaired right knee also from a similar injury 3 years ago. It will be about 4 - 6 weeks of recovery from the surgery. It's always something.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment