Monday, June 15, 2015

buggies

I didn't have the baby today, and so I got to spend hours in the garden.  Ahhh...already I feel better.

And I ate better today...lots of salads...leftovers from yesterday.

I sat in the garden for a long time, and tamed about a third of it.  While I was working on prepping a bed and planting yellow beans, I was buzzed several times.  I heard vibrations close, right against the back of my head.  My first thought was hummingbird. But I kept watch and saw my companion was a dragonfly.  Then, as I was working in a nearby bed, planting a lettuce mix, I saw a beetle climb on my leg.  I stopped to look and realized it was a lightning bug.  I didn't think much about it until I was working along the north fence, planting sunflowers and I saw something swing across my face, clinging to my hair - Tarzan style!! It was the lightning bug.  The other insect that drew my attention was ants.  I disrupted several large ant colonies when I turned the soil in some beds.  Suddenly, I saw white specs moving around, looked closer and saw ants saving their eggs.

So, being me, I came into see of there was any  information about the message these creatures bring.  One line in the write up about dragonfly jumped out and got in my face.  "Time to break down the illusions you have that restrict your actions or ideas."

Lightning bugs bring "Inspiration and hope, accomplishment through hope and effort."  I read that I should trust my own rhythms.  Ants teach us patience and  how to be the architects of our own lives.

They are all addressing the issue I have been allowing to paralyze me.  I am feeling old and tired and like I can't make a difference.  I wonder if life is ever going to be any fun...time to let that go, I guess.

Just spending time in the dirt is my best medicine ever.

Hope you are feeling sunny and hale...


Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment