Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Unity

So on Easter my daughters came for dinner. The baby wore an Easter dress I made for my oldest when she was the same age.  I took some photos of them together, with the idea that maybe someday I will be able to frame them together.  As a surprise, my youngest son also came.  He left early to go spend time with his girlfriend's family - because Easter is very important to them.  But he had dinner with us first.  My oldest son and his family had a sick baby. They ended up eating split pea soup and rye bread for dinner. That is his "I miss Mom" comfort dinner.  Now I want to make it too!

My youngest son called me tonight and said he wanted to come and do some chores for me, along with his brother and sister, some weekend this spring.  I told him they didn't have to do that until I was old.  He said, "You don't understand. I plan to take care of you when you are old."

Maybe I wasn't the worst mom in the world...

I read something by a Quaker today.  She was writing about being grounded in presence. I like that. She said Friends don't have to be theists.  But Friend's usually understand Light or Love or some such, and we respond to that.  It is the basis of building loving relationships, the basis of respect and compassion.  I have been wondering what I perceive.  Sometimes I am so deep in the Light, and I have no words to describe where I am and the Unity I experience.

I am missing you. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment