Sunday, April 19, 2015

CAFO

Okay, go ahead and scream.  It can be very therapeutic. And it's so much better than yelling.

So your son is at war with you and you are a prison guard. I was just thinking about this.  Maybe instead of grounding him, and making your home a place of punishment...perhaps, next time, you should sentence him to community service. I wonder if seeing how other people lived might put him in a place of reconsidering his sense of entitlement.

He's bright, but blind.

And I understand stress eating - or truly, numbing eating.  I do not want to feel, and so I stuff my face.  Then I get to hate myself.

I had one of my strange thoughts last night.  I was thinking about CAFOs - concentrated animal feeding operations.  Livestock animals are confined, trapped. They must eat whatever is given to them - there are no choices.  They are often living in their own excrement. I have read that approximately 70% - 75% of the antibiotics produced in the US are fed to these animals. Makes sense that they would need it - dirty water, dirty conditions, no fresh air, unnatural foods - this will all lead to chronic disease.

And all just to keep them alive long enough to make a profitable amount of meat for the next step up of slaves to consume...

This is absolute slavery.

I was feeling compassion, and more determination to move closer and closer to veganism...when...

I realized I am trapped.  If I want to live indoors with warm running water, I must work as many hours as ordered.  When we are not in the 1%, we buy foods we can afford...mostly altered forms of wheat, soy and a lot of corn.  We don't have enough time to be outside - not enough for true health and connection.  Our water is dirty.  We make a lot of garbage which is in a landfill near you polluting your environment- so we do live in our own waste.  This all causes chronic disease, and so we take antibiotics. And we don't really have to take antibiotics anymore.  They are in every bite of meat we swallow.

I realized we are also in a CAFO.  We are kept creatures serving the economy.

It was pretty eye-opening and distressing.

It seems the options are to climb into the 1% - and they don't want us...or to drop out.

Serendipituously - I read   an article this morning - How to Deprogram yourself.

We are trapped in our CAFO by:  religion, money, TV, education, and by lack of:  connection to nature, meditation and cleansing our bodies.

The article conjectures that as soon as there is religion and money, government is created...

I have always been a bit of an anarchist.  I believe we can trust  truly humane people to behave humanely...

Anyway...I worked yesterday, had a meeting meeting and then had the baby...so there is a lot I have to get done today. And if I am really lucky - I will plant peas!!

Hope you find a moment of joy today.

Love and hugs and a shoulder if you need...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment