Monday, April 27, 2015

interesting

Clare,

I had an interesting weekend…
not particularly pleasant, but interesting.
My youngest had friends over Friday evening…
which was nice to meet some of the kids from his new school.
They seem to be well-mannered and polite.
Some we knew in pre-school days at the parochial pre-school.

Then I took another yoga class on Saturday. It was great. I've realized how disconnected I am from my body.
I don't want to acknowledge it…
care for it…
have anyone else notice or touch it.
I think my spaghetti disconnect is a reaction to the cancer…
perhaps I carry a sense of betrayal by my body…
"I feed clothe and shelter you and I get cancer from you?"
I think that the ultimate betrayal is my disconnect. I am the one who is controlling this. I am the one who is living inside my head again. I need to reconnect. I need to find joy and life in my body again.

After yoga I picked up my youngest's girlfriend…the Ukrainian boarding student. She is very sweet. We had a nice conversation on the way back home. My son has been trying to gain the courage to break off this relationship…which he finally did this weekend…but she is clinging…this is going to take some time. I think we've become a surrogate family for her, with hers so far away. I plan to call he or text to make sure she is all right. I told my son that I will miss her. He is sure of his decision…and he broke it off respectfully…so he moves on.

I gave the presentation to my Meeting on the new child abuse laws in my state. I had the strangest reaction. A small, but vocal minority, feel this is an invasion of their privacy. I repeatedly pointed out that this is for the protection of children and ultimately improving society…
they are so offended that they have to have background checks every 3 years to volunteer with children.
They tell me that Quakers aren't abusers…
not like those catholics (they actually said that).
I feel like doing an anonymous study of Quakers to see the rates of child abuse and neglect in the membership. I was so sickened by their response.
No one wants their life investigated…
but this is an internet search for convictions of abuse…
not going to all of your neighbors asking about your personal habits.
I'm still pissed off by this reaction…
which means that I need to look at my reaction and identify the triggers…
so that I can move on.

So, I'm curious, why don't you look at your ex? I'm not sure that I understand that.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment