Tuesday, April 28, 2015

pushing through

I like the bacteria insight…
there are bacteria who are genetically resistant…
therefore mutants technically…
who survive the virus or antibiotic attack and live to procreate other bacteria.
I see this happening in our species too.
Eventually our environment will become inhospitable and require some mutation to survive.

There is so much un-used information contained within our genome that cal be called upon in a changing environment. That is where the survivors will rise from…
those with the necessary genetic mutations/alterations that will allow survival in changing environments.

I, too, hate the fact that I have to prove that I have never molested children before I can work with them.
But, I feel it is a necessary step…
raise awareness of the epidemic of abuse…
shine the light on the signs and suspicious activities…
speak up when those are present…
support those in need.

Just because you report abuse doesn't mean that child protective services are going to find anything yo substantiate it…but that's their job…to do the investigation.
I need to let go of this topic…it's draining me.

I saw some friends from my masters program today. It was great to talk with them. One, my hero, is an 80+ year old woman who teaches and heads the program. She gave me the best hug today. She also looked me directly in the eye and asked if I am really all right. It's great to know she cares. I asked her to consider me for a teaching position in the fall. I miss teaching. She seemed genuinely pleased hear that I was interested.

My youngest is going to the prom next weekend (5/8) with a girl from his school. I took him to oder his tux yesterday. He looked so nice…very grown up. He is behaving pretty well because he really wants to go…at least I have one thing to hold over his head for a week and a half.

I am still feeling exhausted. I need sleep. I need a healthy exercise schedule.
I need a lot of stuff.
And yet I keep pushing through.

Next weekend (5/9) both of my daughters are graduating from college. Husband is going to Happy Valley while I go to Berks…it should be an interesting day. I'm so glad that they are both going to be moving on. They're both so excited. The older one is getting teary eyed with each "last" that she experiences. I get texts several times a day about another emotional moment.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment