Monday, April 20, 2015

not militant

Hi Maggie,

I love public service and volunteering.  Not only is it a fabulous way to meet people who care, it also reminds you.  Some of the work we did reminded us that we had something important to do. Other work reminded us that even though life wasn't perfect, it was still good.  We had each other.  We had a place to call home.  We had food.

I am not interested in militant veganism.  I am interested in lessening the amount of pain I cause by being here.  I am interested in restoring balance to the planet if I can.  I don't really have any objections to eating wild meat.  But I do object to CAFOs, especially now that I realize I live in one.

I always look forward to hearing what your healer says...

I worked today, then waited for someone to come replace my router.  My youngest called and asked if I could take the baby.  Just after she left, my eldest came over to work on math.  We took a prep test and missed almost all of them, because there were no parenthesis around the number pairs - the number pairs were correct though.  I felt a bit like yelling. We were both tired and frustrated.  She left, and I have been reading meeting reports ever since, preparing for a committee meeting tomorrow night.

So I am exhausted.

Off to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow!!

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment