Sunday, April 12, 2015

sunnier

Hi Maggie,

Generally I am optimistic and in love with the planet, and have faith in humanity.  But some days, maybe we'll blame it on the recent eclipses, but some days it just all seems like too much.  I think being sick and tired added to my interpretation of everything.

But today I went outside.  I forget to do that sometimes. Or the weather keeps me inside.  But being outside always changes everything for me.

I had my grandson last night.  Just him, not the girls. I got to focus just on him. It was so much fun. He told me at least five, six times how much he loved me.  We cooked together, we played together.  We talked a lot.  He opened my heart.

Then today, the sun came out and nephew and I thinned and moved lillies.  And the neighbor brought over some flowers she was thinning - so we put in some autumn glories and poppies.  I got dirty and so happy. Then I went for a walk in the sunshine.

I saw bugs and buds and felt the warmth and light.

So, I'm better. I have faith in the future again.

I think the more connected we are - to the planet, to the plants, to other species, and especially to each other - the more likely we are to survive.

I had one of those strange thoughts that come to me today.  I was walking, listening to some neighbors play music and I suddenly wondered what would happen if groups of people sang the same song at the same time,all around the region, or the country, or the world. 

I have had amazing moments when singing with others,  There is power in that unity. What if we used it to join, to unite, to be in loving connection.

Ready to take on another busy, slightly overscheduled week!

Love to you and yours,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment