Friday, September 27, 2013

What a pain in the neck!?!?

Ah, so life is a pain in the neck?  Or at least yesterday was a pain in the neck!  What all, in all of your life, would you classify as being a pain in the neck?  Just playing with words!  I had the impression your energy was swirling with nowhere to go because you/we are caught between generations.  Which is the way out?  Is there a path to health?  If there was, we'd go - I'd go, I think, in a heartbeat!

I was impressed with your oldest's efforts to raise money for cancer research last year.  I admire her dedication.  I hope she makes it into the marathon this year.

I had a long day of work, so not as much free, outdoor time as is healthy for me.  So I am the wrong kind of tired.  I am not sure if I mentioned that I have our niece's chihuahua here for a few months, but today I bathed him, then started knitting him a sweater.  I feel a bit ridiculous.  But this is the first time I have tried knitting since last spring.  I am excited.

You are right for recognizing how difficult it is to parent alone.  Thank you for seeing it.  It was tedious as much as it was joyful.  There was no one to talk to - no one who was a passionate about my children as I was.  And so I was incredibly lonely.  My single friends were clueless, my married friends didn't understand the balance, my single mommy friends were plain exhausted.  I had one friend who understood, but she was busy, too...she is still one of my best-loved friends.  I am grateful for her.

I don't know if I was as healthy as possible.  It might have been better to have a partner.  But how does one go about finding a member of the family and skip the trial and error - which is where everyone gets hurt...

It sounded like today was the calm after the storm.  Did it feel like there was a chance to go deep?  It sounded like you and your older son managed to talk a little.  Do you feel closer?  More intimate?  How much was their dad involved?

I love hanging my sheets outside to dry.  After I make the bed it's like sleeping on sunshine.  One the nicest pleasures in my life!

I am exhausted.  It has been a long week...and tomorrow I babysit.  If you ever want to come for a weekend, let me know...we're doing a contradance at meetinghouse next month...wanna come dance with me?

Love and smiles and hugs and kisses,

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment