Saturday, September 28, 2013

trouble focusing

I am not sure that we have had an opportunity to  make serious headway into the issues with my son. We did have a great opportunity to talk on Thursday and things seemed to be settling down. But then last night he got caught sneaking out a window. He is so angry. I wish he would just understand that rules have purpose. He thinks the solution is to relax the rules so that he won't actually be breaking them when he stays out late or smokes and drinks. He tried the line' "other people's parents aren't as strict". I know that he needs limits, but I am tiring of being the policeman. I had husband talk to him about the grounding punishment this time. 

I can project far enough into the future and believe that he will look back and see that all of this was for his benefit. I have seen it happen many times before with others' children. I just hate that I am immersed in the nonsense now. He is worth the effort, so I will remain strong.

I spent my day feeding and cleaning up after the Thon team. It has really been a pleasure though, they are very appreciative and so excited about what they are doing. They came back a few minutes ago and they are all huddled, counting their money for the day. 

I am having trouble focusing, I suddenly feel tired after I sat down here. I am not sure which direction to write in. I will pick a theme tomorrow. Until then,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment