Friday, September 20, 2013

Tired today

I like what you have noted about Gestalt therapy.  Please let me know as you learn more.  In the back of my mind, I thought it had to do with screaming.  I have no idea why!

I like the idea of interconnectedness, but what intrigues me is:  what is truly being experienced versus what is merely an interpretation of the events.

This seems important.  So often, we have impressions stored in us and we don't question them.

So saving the world is like parenting.  We reward and notice and applaud good behavior and ignore the bad.  Hey, we're naturals.  We could do that!  We do that!!

It reminds me of "praying."  I read something that I have applied to my kids.  Instead of praying to fix some perceived shortcoming, pray that they recognize their glorious strengths.  I have been doing that.  I don't know if it changes them or it changes me...

My beloved Border Collie, the dog of my heart, used to have seizures.  I would hold her and stare into her eyes while it happened.  The vet suggested phenobarb, but it seemed like too much for an annual seizure.  Then she died in a close friend's arms, after an unstoppable seizure destroyed kidney function and possibly brain function.  I had to give a vet permission to put her to sleep while I was in California.  It still makes me sad.

I hope your pup has a good outcome.  I know it can be controlled for years.

I have seen the photos from Project Unbreakable, or something similar, a few times.  I always end up emotional and upset.  But it's a firebrand kind of passion.  So that is good.

I went to a small homegrown acoustic music fest along the edge of the woods this evening.  We only stayed as long as the baby allowed!  I got to hear some good blues.  

And I am exhausted...

I love you!

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment