Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Preparations

I am preparing for an interview tomorrow.
I have to engage a group in a 5 - 7 minute educational activity.
I am going to demonstrate the consequences of subtle biases on a community.
I am working toward explaining it simply, but from a bio-psycho-social perspective to demonstrate my strengths...bridging the disciplines.
Wish me luck.

I was wondering about your dog today...
I am sorry that she is so close to death, but know that you understand the cycles of life....
and you love her well.

I have told you this story before...
I was once very frustrated with Mom...
I was in my kitchen and she was in her own home.
I remember my thoughts stopping abruptly and hearing Grammy's voice telling me, "Don't be so hard on her. You don't know what she's been through". I do think she suffered more than she remembers. I think there is more to it than the shame of having a drunk Dad.
The sad thing is that she will die without having dealt with the issues.
Life is an opportunity to grow and learn and love...
despite the traumas that we experience...
the only way to get to a fullness of life is to walk back through the painful memories and "un-numb" yourself. To become fully human we need to feel...
I was talking about my inability to cry yesterday...and how that makes it impossible to feel joy as well...and how shallow life is without those peaks and valleys.

Those are interesting insights on alliances in our family. I wonder if the brothers protected the youngest ones. Abuse, even if it is pre-verbal, still results in neurodevelopment changes which cause behavioral symptoms. I don't know, perhaps the youngest is best a repressing...interesting.

I am off to bed.
I will hold you and your dog in the Light.

Blessings,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment