Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another Day

Another day...
we officially finished baseball season...
my youngest lost in the state playoffs,
he is disappointed but has made some really good friends and had a great experience.
I told his coaches that I thought they did an exceptional job because each boy found a niche and was treated well...no favorites...no yelling or demeaning...it was enjoyable.

Son#1 is calmer...
but is pushing for more freedoms...
he has such a short memory...
I guess that is just part of what makes him unique.
He is eternally optimistic...
and takes advantage of my lack of recall.

I am still sleep deficient...
I lie awake waiting for something to happen...
someone to sneak out or something.
Last night I thought I heard the uncorking of a bottle of wine...
I am back in hypervigilant mode.

I think I am struggling with this for many reasons...
most of which are valid.
But I am definitely struggling because I can't control the outcomes.
I have to rely on my son's judgement and integrity.
I can only hope that he has learned well over the past 16+ years.

I am falling asleep...
I am going to grab a nap while it is quiet here.

Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment