Monday, May 1, 2017

rejection

Hi Maggie,

Tornado watch at my house.  I can hear the thunder in the far distance. And because of technology, I know what it is, and where it is.

I was thinking about the olden days when people didn't know. This would have been a shock.

I think I may have a new favorite TED talk. I would never fully abandon Brene, but this one...

https://www.ted.com/talks/jia_jiang_what_i_learned_from_100_days_of_rejection

...this one is perfect, too.

The speaker, Jia Jiang, talks about rejection and how it scars us. And how it continues to manipulate the way we react, even as adults. And so he set up 100 tasks for himself, expecting to be rejected every time, so that he would learn not to fear rejection.

He said after the first request, he ran.  Then he decided he would not run. He learned to ask why.  He learned to acknowledge that his requests were weird, and so people trusted him.

He did it all with laughter - at himself, and at the human condition.

Getting dark outside.  Going to get off.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment