Wednesday, May 31, 2017

myself again

Clare,

The thought of dreaming that house makes me afraid.
My dreams of that house are violent.
My memories are spotty.
I remember bits and pieces...
generally the frightening stuff.
I think living there is the basis of many of my fears...
fear of the dark and graveyards sticks with me...
a sense that evil is real is also prominent.
I once went back and drove past the house, turned up the alley, and drove back by the school.
It seemed innocent.
But it still holds negativity for me.
When I hear the Miranda Lambert song, The House That Built Me, I think of that house...
gathering the courage to go back inside...
showing myself it is safe.

I think the door that won't stay shut is fascinating. Trying to hide, but it creeps open. Does the man run away? is he repelled by the contents of the room? fascinating.

Thanks for posting those dogs' pictures. They were reunited with the owner. I haven't heard the whole story, but there is a happy ending.

I taught at a local middle school today. It's a 3 session program on healthy choices. The first class was very difficult. I could not engage them...a lot of acting out, talking, disrespect.
The other two classes went well. I have to go back for the next two days. I've decided to show them a movie. I think I'm going to show them SuperSize me. Or there is a great one about our sugar addiction...but it is a bit graphic- pulling teeth, amputated limbs. I'm not sure what I'm going to use.

I am starting to feel like myself again. I still have occasional wheezing. I am still unable to invert or evert my foot- and am wearing a brace. But I feel better.

Less than one week to graduation...still not sure he is graduating. He has one more day of finals and then we wait and see. Send some Light.
I'm as anxious as he is!

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment