Tuesday, May 23, 2017

soul mates

Hi Maggie,

I don't think anyone is especially claiming me. It's more that I simply am not the other. I am one of them.

Who claims me? Probably you and S#3 and S#5, and my youngest child. My grandchildren claim me.

So I am present. I am real. I belong somewhere.

I have really been enchanted by this idea that my body is a tool to treasure.  I have been more aware, and stronger somehow.  I mowed for a couple of hours this afternoon, then ate a small dinner.  I am feeling quite self satisfied!

Papa may have had a Warrior archetype. I remember talking once, and he told me that whenever he read an account of war, he always knew what was going to happen. Maybe he was at war with himself. But it spilled out on us. Not very valiant or chivalrous.

I read a small line recently, it said our lover is the person we are learning love with.  For some reason that resounded with me.  It made me see love differently.

And now I am wondering if Mama and Papa were soul mates.  You said maybe not because they each had a limited capacity for intimacy.  I think they had matched capacity, and in a lot of ways they deepened together. Seems like a nice definition of soul mates to me.

I think we find someone who can tug us forward, and then we tug them forward.  In the midst of it, there are moments of equality and oneness. Those are the moments that keep us tugging along together.

Maybe...

Exhausted love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment