Thursday, May 18, 2017

Settling back into life

Hi Maggie,

Sorry I have been MIA!  We left Friday, spent Saturday in DC, visiting the zoo.  Sunday was all family.  Monday was all ceremony.  We got back after midnight.  I worked at 5 am Tuesday, S#3 arrived later that day and was here until this morning...and I have worked a full day each day...and that is my excuse!  And I had a committee meeting in the middle of all the chaos. And we have our Spring Gathering this weekend!

I saw a picture of your puppy.  I was so excited.  I told my oldest,  "Aunt Maggie got a puppy for Mothers Day!"  My beloved child looked at me and said, "You wanted a puppy? We just got you a card."

I don't want a puppy yet. But soon.

I never taught my kids about Mothers Day. Homschooled kids miss so much indoctrination.  Mothers Day without Julia Ward Howe's Mothers Day of Peace Declaration is just Hallmark fudge.

Unless there is a puppy...

I saw the video you shared. I cried.  I would also like to read the book the two people wrote together.

With your triangle...maybe look in the middle.  What is at the center of each, what is at the center of all?

How did you do with the ceremonies we attended?

I felt like a stranger on this planet.  I don't understand so much.  I think I got lost in it while we were watching the changing of the guard at the tombs of the unknown soldiers.  All of the precision was distracting.  I think that was the point. You get captivated by that and don't think about the more than 400,000 bodies surrounding you.

And all of the helicopters over the mall, all of the guys in black vests, with wires coming from their ears and down their backs...it felt like a police state. And I didn't feel safe.

I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night. I was thinking about the flashes of thought and insight all weekend long.

Again, back to the changing of the guard.  Another thing that struck me was looking around at all the people filming the ceremony.  There are going to be a  thousand really bad videos, and almost no one with a clear memory, from actually having watched the ceremony.

We live through our electronics, and not in reality...

I started thinking about that.  I started thinking about my tablet, which no longer works. My daughter said you can't leave it plugged in all the time.  You have to let the battery discharge and refill in order to make it last longer. or some reason I started thinking about our bodies and the ways we fill and refill ourselves. And just as I realized that a smartphone is simply a tool we can use any way we would like...unfortunately, we let it use us...and so, our bodies are also tools we use to help us experience this reality, this planet, this earth.

Seemed pretty profound in the middle of the night...

When does your new baby come home?

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment