Saturday, May 6, 2017

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!!!
I wish you a very happy birthday.

It will be good to see you next weekend at Papa D's service.

I also have a busy Quaker weekend. It is our quarter's spring gathering/retreat. Unfortunately I have conflicting schedule issues. I ran to the retreat this am...
my youngest is doing child care for service hours...
of course he ran in at the last minute...
he's late for everything.
I stayed for worship and business meeting.
Then I ran about 20 miles back to a suicide awareness event.
I spent 2 hours selling tickets for chances on baskets...
it was fun...
but there were kids hanging...
excited by the potential of winning...
but I felt so trapped by them.
I felt Papa D coming up in me...
I asked them to give me space several times...
some things are deeply ingrained.

Then I ran back to the Quaker retreat...
this is a big transition for me...
my Monthly meeting takes responsibility for the planning of the retreat for the next 2 years...
and I'm the natural person to clerk this.
I've been on the planning committee for 8 years...
I have taken responsibility for the workshops...
so I am ready to take this on.
But, that means that I will be tied up for the next 2 years- first weekend in May...
but it will be good for me.

I hope that you are enjoying your day.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment