Sunday, May 7, 2017

a bigger table

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  I had a nice weekend...I didn't feel specially singled out, I felt like a part of the group.  It was nice.

On Friday night a Friend came to visit, and ended up staying for dinner. All of the other plans for the weekend went as predicted.

Brunch was fun today. I wasn't sure how many would be here. Someone popped in late just as we were setting the table. Then as we sat down, there was another car, so we started running around and gathering more place settings and chairs. As everyone was settled, some said, "There's someone else here..."

I need a bigger table.

I love that - I need a bigger table.  It mean that I am feeding more people.  More people are joining me!

I guess that is what I hope to take into the next year - I need a bigger table!

One of my room-mates from college was here for the weekend.  We had dinner with my oldest daughter, youngest son, and his love.  We were remembering things from so long ago. Her version was different than mine, and I felt like my kids were getting to know me. She talked about how we would cook up what was in the freezer and invite people in for dinner. We did have a lot of dinners.

I guess even then we wanted to feed others.

And we talked a lot about family dysfunction. Comparing. Exposing - maybe for the first time, to each other...I told some of our family secrets. She reciprocated. We caught up on history...

The permaculture leading is moving forward!

Have fun leading the gathering.If you need a shoulder you know where to find me!

Love and hugs from Clare



No comments:

Post a Comment