Tuesday, May 9, 2017

bad haircut

Hi Mags,

I'm so sorry about all the loss. I saw the obituary, and wondered if it was the little girl with polio.  In my mind she was still little. Isn't that weird. It's like I leave people and expect them to be exactly the same...I also watched the video her mom made about adoption. I was surprised that the daughter never said a word. She just sat and was there...I wondered if she felt like that during her life.

I mowed my lawn today.  I killed a small garter snake. I was so sorry, so sad.  I hate to kill.  But I did look it up.  Snake has to do with sacred mysteries and transformation.  Garter snake, one source said, has to do with deceit and jealousy.

Tomorrow is full moon.  I had a stray thought about running naked in the full moon tomorrow night.  Wouldn't that be a transformation?

That is the fun of getting old.  Nobody knows. Nobody notices...Old women are invisible!

I am basically bushwhacking the yard. It has been raining so much, and the grass is so deep and thick and wet.  It is a good workout to muscle the mower through.  The front yard is about three-quarters mowed.   I surveyed my work as I was done, and I thought,  "This looks like what unsupervised siblings do to each other's hair..."

Then I remembered the haircuts I gave you and the other three girls.

I traumatized S#4. I think she quit Girl Scouts rather than go out in public with her haircut.

But, in my own defense, Dad told me to give you each a haircut.  I blame him!

Maybe I am psychologically preparing for his service. We said bring the funny stories. And you know, the traumatic stories are often funny.

I think I will take credit for S#4's career.  She became a hairdresser to make sure nothing like what I did ever happened to her again!!

Time for a shower and bed...Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment