Saturday, May 13, 2017

stunning...and shocking...forgiveness

https://www.ted.com/talks/thordis_elva_tom_stranger_our_story_of_rape_and_reconciliation

This is stunning...

I heard parts of this on NPR...
searched it on TED talks...
and am sharing it with you.

I hope that you can listen to it without too much difficulty. It is hard to hear and yet so empowering. We do need to have a global conversation about sexual violence...
men and women need to be able to talk about this and come to an understanding.
It is vitally important.

What a week.
My 3 funerals have left me wondering what the message is...
a survivor/refugee of war...
a peace activist...
and a warrior...
all 3 dead.
All 3 honored this week.
All 3 had tenacity and perseverance.
All 3 experienced trauma and hardship.
Each in their own way.
What is the lesson?
What am I being shown here?
Why this triangular series of opposites?
There has to be something in this...

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I hope you are having a good trip.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment