Sunday, April 2, 2017

familiarity

Clare,

It's been a busy week. I went to a conference yesterday by Bruce Perry...
a child psychiatrist who has worked extensively in trauma and neglect.
The coolest thing he does is to look at what didn't happen during development...
what brain development is lacking because of the adversity of childhood experiences. He finds activities, games, play that allows those gaps to be made up for people who experienced trauma or neglect. He wrote the book The Boy Who Was Raised By Dogs...
I haven't read his book...
but his journal articles/research is pretty interesting.
He doesn't go to medications until he's tried body centered activities to allow brain development and catch up...
it is so heartening to hear experts saying, "work through the body".
I met some interesting people at the conference...
some that I can learn from.

Last evening Momma, S#3, S#5 and her husband joined us at my daughter's show. Momma and S#5 had never seen my daughter act before. The show was fun...
daughter did really well...
we all had fun.
It was good to laugh.
We sat with daughter's boyfriend's parents...
they were very nice.
We had not met them yet. They were surrounded by our family and friends...
but they tolerated us well.

Today we sat around the table and just chatted, it was relaxed and comfortable. I like the sense of familiarity that is developing here. Maybe the ancestors are brokering connection here.

I'm going to work on my lecture...
too much to do...
as usual!

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment