Monday, April 10, 2017

and again...

Hi Maggie,

I got in here last evening, and I was typing my little heart out...I had a lengthy post, and then I did something and everything disappeared except the last two letters I had typed. So I  shut it down and decided to wait and try again today.

It is not the first time that such magic has issued from my non-technological fingertips!!

So, I think I mentioned, last night, that there is a difference between  having some boring things to face at work and having nowhere to grow.  And no raises in sight...and she did have an agreement with her boss and with the owner.  But the owner freaked out, and broke her commitment.

And she enrolled to begin school just after her surgery - not good planning. But I had read that my governor was pushing legislation to make state universities tuition free for kids from families making less than $125,000 per year. So I suggested she wait...and it passed!!!!!!!  Now maybe she can get an education without the burden of student loans equal to a mortgage.

I am excited about these changes...It gives me hope.

I want an update as soon as you have the MRI.  I want you to call when you need to talk...How are you doing?

I talked about a Quaker retreat we held last weekend. I did more leading than ever before.  Friends noticed and commented. Friends are kind people.  We talked about nurture. How do we nurture our meetings?  Then the afternoon session was:  How do we allow ourselves to be nurtured?  That had some vividly emotional moments...partially because of the query, patially because we are creating a safe place.

Good work!

We talked about naming gifts - the good and the bad aspects of it. I saw it as being positive...probably because I saw it as being noticed.  I never thought about the downside of potentially being locked into a position or expectation.

I am trying to understand my gift.  One odd thing I have noticed about myself is that I tend to speak last. And I have noticed this before. I speak, I feel a rush of spirit, and everyone falls into worship.  It has happened often enough hat it must be a thing...but I have no idea what kind of thing!!

What I noticed about leading is that in creating a sacred space, and in maintaining awareness, I am bobbing on the water, and allowing others to dive deep.  A Friend once noted that we may be in different places, but we are all in the same river.  I nver thought out depth,though, I had only considered wading...

Lots to think about.

Then, yesterday morning as I cleaned I listened to several talks by Gabor Mate, exploring addiction. Are you familiar with his work? I recommend you listen to him...

Latish, so sending love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment