Sunday, April 30, 2017

POPPED

Clare,

We are back from the southern excursion...
It was a fun weekend...
but not without some pain.

I was able to have dinner with a friend who recently moved to NC from my Meeting. We walked around the Sarah Duke Gardens and caught up. I last saw her when we were visiting while SIL was ill. We had such a nice time walking and talking. We went out for dinner...
it was very light and fun.

Saturday morning we 'surprised' B#1 with a birthday brunch. He had been accidentally tipped off by his daughter...
she didn't know it was a surprise.
S#5 was in charge of food...
she ordered it from a grocery store chain...
and made the online order for a store that was not close to B#1's home.
We had to make a quick pick up...
but it all worked out.
We gifted him with products to help with aging...
memory serum, wrinkle resist vitamins, cod liver oil, fiber...
that kind of stuff.
We had fun.

Saturday during the day, husband and I hiked along the river nearby...
a state park.
It was beautiful...
much cooler along the river bank than at the hotel.

Saturday evening was the wedding. It was a beautiful service...
non-traditional vows...
they did a Celtic Hand Binding ceremony which was very interesting.
The reception was fun. Everyone was dancing...
even Fred, Jeff, and Momma.
We had fun...
until the song "You make me wanna SHOUT!"...
I was jumping like a 20 year old and something popped in my left ankle.
It POPPED!
I haven't been able to put weight on it since. It's really swollen under the medial malleolus (bump on the inner surface). Husband thinks it's probably a posterior tibial tendon tear...
possibly needing surgery to repair...
I will call tomorrow to be seen and then proceed from there.
I don't have time for an injury right now!
The dancing was so much fun...
It is a great way to involve old, middle, and young...

So today we drove back home...
9 hours in the car.
I sat in the backseat with my leg elevated and ice on the ankle...
correcting my students' final papers.
I hate sitting still...
this is just not in my comfort zone!

You being alone at home sounds like heaven to me. Setting up a space that is just yours is a sacred undertaking. I wish you well in the process.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment