Saturday, April 29, 2017

home alone

Yay Maggie!!

Yes!!!  I am so pleased.

This isn't going to slow you down a bit. Although it may be the moment when you think about balance...

Today is my youngest granddaughter's fourth birthday.  Four years ago I had just broken my wrist, and two days post-break I was in the ER witnessing an emergency Cesarean delivery. As they delivered her and wipes her down, they put her in my arm. I was the first to have her. I bent low and put her in front of her mama's face, and my daughter stroked her for a moment. hen I got sent out. My older daughter was waiting just outside the doors, with a camera. She took a few photos and then took the babe...

It is amazing when I stop to consider the adventures I have had.

Today's adventure will be cleaning the house and mowing the lawn.

I have this urge to move furniture and make the upstairs more usable.  When my daughter came home pregnant, I moved out of the big room upstairs into the little room downstairs. Then Nephew moved in.   He took over the guest room for a few months. When Daughter left to move in with  boyfriend, Nephew took the big room.

Now Nephew is here about once a week, and really less.  He is always with Girlfriend.

I gave up the upstairs, and rarely even go up. Now I want it back.

I wonder if this ties to taking back my life.  I have successfully launched Daughter, and now Nephew.   Maybe the house is mine again. Jungians would have a field day with this symbolism...But it probably applies.

I may have my grandson here later this afternoon, and then overnight.  But since his sister is sick - maybe not. But what I have is my first Saturday home alone for weeks, and the only until Memorial Day.

Sigh of relief...

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment