Saturday, April 8, 2017

Holistic fair

Hey Clare,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's employment. Every job has boring aspects...
things we would prefer not to do...
I think we have to look for a way to make those things meaningful...
or tolerable...
and enjoy the aspects that spark us.
I spent hours putting stickers on cards and stuffing envelopes...
I sent a picture text message to my daughters of me sitting with all of that around me...
I wrote,"I'm glad I have an MD and MSW for this!".

Your daughter will find work that satisfies her. She took her boss by surprise...
people don't like to be taken by surprise. Perhaps, now that the boss has had time to think and process she might allow your daughter to continue on until she replaces her.
Is your daughter in school? I think I remember seeing her enrolled in a program...perhaps she needs to concentrate there and work towards the next step?

I spent today at a holistic fair...
it was OK...
nothing ground breaking.
I got some people excited about Kombucha...
I talked with people about our body-centered trauma program...
I spoke with a man about supplements...
he is a neurologist-turned into a supplement seller.
He was very interesting 1 on 1...
but I went to a talk he gave and he was so scattered I had no idea what his point was.
Anyway- he offered me samples of two drinks that are healthy supplements...
I asked if they were vegetarian- he assured me they were.
Then we were talking about cancer and he showed me a capsule...
told me they were great antioxidant supplements and offered me one...
after I took it he told me there is fish oil in them...
I asked why he gave it to me knowing I was a vegetarian...
he apologized but didn't feel that fish oil would "hurt me"...
I was offended that he would make a choice for me...
and angry at myself for not checking prior to taking it...
I learned a valuable lesson...
that's the positive spin on this.

The one cool thing that a few of my friends did at the holistic fair was to have a drawing of their spirit guides...there is a man who can sense the spirit guides and then draw their image in pencil. He told them about the guide and each of them felt it was a dead relative who had been important to them. The pictures were pretty interesting.

I saw my doctor yesterday. He ordered a study to look at the chest wall area around the implant...
making sure nothing is lurking under or around there. He injected a particularly painful spot with local anesthetic thinking it was a neuroma...that hasn't made a difference in the pulling sensation that I am feeling. MRI is scheduled for 2 weeks from now.

Thanks for talking the other day...I'm still working on how I feel about everything. But I am feeling again...at least a little.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment