Tuesday, April 25, 2017

catching up

Clare,

It is a long, and strange ride. There are times that I am not sure what my purpose is...
Why am I here?
I have spoken the phrase, "This life is about patience for me."...
so many times...
so many instances...
I wonder what kind of irrational bitch I was in the past.
As far as my reiki healer has seen I have been the tortured and tormented...
but I also helped young men who were in trouble...
and I used physical discipline...
perhaps I was not very patient in that lifetime...
perhaps this is my mea culpa trip.

My Meeting is also aging. I was pleading for assistance on a planning committee two weeks ago...
no one was stepping forward...
one of the elderly members asked for younger members to step up...
I asked him to define 'younger'...
at 56 I am one of the youngest.
I do use social media for outreach...
I use Pinterest...
I have hundreds of Quaker quotes and memes gathered...
I have almost 200 followers...
That's not meant to be a 'yeah me!'...
but to agree that the message is being heard and carried.Try to find a social media outlet that connects with people of the ages that you attract...
Pinterest and Facebook are good for middle-aged and older.

I tried to call my doctor twice today...
neither call connected...
the universe didn't want me to talk with them today.
I will try again tomorrow.
If I have to predict...
there will be something in the right lateral aspect...
and I'll need another biopsy.
I'll let you know.

I spoke with my breastfeeding connection at the department of health today...
We are moving ahead with the planning of the inclusive- mother and baby- classroom...
cyber school- educational support and a postpartum doula or lactation consultant.
I have until June 30 to plan it...
then the pilot will run January- June 2018...
if the state passes the budget...
that's not a given in this state.
If you want to come down and live for 6 months you could be my doula...
teaching about attending and responding to the baby...
helping dads figure out how to handle the baby- soothing, etc- without putting a bottle into its mouth...
Singing and swaying...
creating stronger bonds...
attachment is key for resilience.
I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to plan this pilot...
and hopefully bring it to reality.
I am consulting with my University mentor to plan data collection so that I can possibly write this up for publication...
I'm getting way ahead of myself...
but prior planning is important.

I have only one more class this semester. It has gone by so fast.
I will miss this group of students.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment