Tuesday, April 18, 2017

be Light

Hi Maggie,

I'm glad you found some joy this Easter.  We all came together on Saturday.  We colored eggs, laughed a lot, made a mess, and ate dinner.

On Sunday, I went for a walk - saved a turtle - it was in the middle of the road, so I carried it across - the way it was going.  I came home and planted tulips my daughter gave me.  It was quiet. One neighbor came to get her cat, who stayed with me while that neighbor visited family.  And another came over for tea.

But...last night I was awake in the middle of the night. I was thinking about the current administration.  I was thinking about individual men, and wondering why they were so dark, so uncaring, so focused on power and money that they are blinded to anything else.

I started to feel like Star Wars. I had this crazy thought that the baby boom was about manning up for a war between dark and light.

It felt big and inevitable. Like we have to choose sides.

It was hard to fall back to sleep.

Then today, I was walking outside with my little companion. We stepped off the side of the road to look for some mint, and she wanted to know why it was so dark. I said it was because there were big trees between us and the sun. We step out around them, and we are out in the Light.

It seemed like the answer to the dream.

Spring is here...Smile!!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment