Monday, September 26, 2016

Whupped

Hi Maggie,

Still fighting this bug, whatever virus is making the rounds right now.  Had a fever last night, which always makes for crazy, crazy dreams.  Last night, I wasn't sure if it/me was me or the Earth. But Light would erupt, and make a hot spot, which made grids related to populations.  It's not the best sleep ever, but it was entertaining.

Today, I blocked my schedule so I work a lighter day - I did it again for tomorrow.  My little companion was here.  I tried to lure her into taking a nap with me.  She was really into it to start, but then she got up and started taking care of me.  She got out scarfs. She found some hats.  She felt my forehead to see if I was warm. She fixed my hair.

I was  afraid to go to sleep, even though it would have been nice.  But it is the code.  One never sleeps if the toddler is not sleeping. Besides, she likes my earrings!

Outwardly, I'm feeling positive about Dad's birthday party. Inwardly, there is trepidation...I was changing the cat litter box today, thinking it would be great if he took time to speak to each one of us. In my imaginary dialog Mom said he can't handle it. In my imaginary dialog, I told her it was not for him...

I was replaying the words of one of my heroes...Erma Bombeck.   One of her best columns ever was:  Why I Love You Best, written to each of her three children.

Mom has done a little of that, and I appreciated it.

Dad...could he?

Anyway, to bed early with me. I am still whupped.

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment