Wednesday, September 7, 2016

insanely calm

Clare,

We all need to play more…
but my idea of fun is very different now than when I was a kid. I still enjoy physical play, but prefer mental play.

I had the strangest day…
I have the day off and expected the cable guy to come by and make some changes to our cable system. Then a crew appeared to put up gutters and downspouts. Then I had to call a plumber because my water pump was making a strange banging noise. Then a friend showed up to talk about our healing trauma project. And then another friend came by crying, needing to unload some major shit. In the midst of juggling all of that I got a call from a car dealership asking how I wanted to handle the damages to one of their loaner cars caused by my youngest rear ending it this morning on the way to school…I hadn't heard of that accident until just then. And finally, after the plumber left I saw puddles expanding on my basement floor around my heat pump (not water pump)…so they are sending someone else out this afternoon. I still have a 5 pm meeting and 6 pm senior pictures for my youngest.

Breathe.
Trust it will all be all right.
For some insane reason I am amazingly calm about all of this.
Perhaps I am insane.
Perhaps I am so insane that I have lost touch with stress and reality.
Perhaps I should never reclaim those.

I've got to run to pick up my young man from school. I will try to get back to this tonight.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment