Sunday, September 25, 2016

crazy week

Hi Love,

Sorry I have been AWOL.  It has been a hard week.  I have been dealing with family upset, and working too much, and being exhausted, and now with having a cold and sore throat - which I got because my resistance is low because of the week I had...vicious circle!!!

If your foster son's media rant becomes a point of discussion, that lovely post your foster son posted about you, just very gently remind him that those words say more about him, about his character, about who he is, than it does about you.  Important lesson many of us miss.

You knew though...you knew that after the step forward, he would regress into fear of vulnerability.  We all do it.

S#3 was here overnight, on her way home from her week retreat.  She looked all rosy cheeked and relaxed and happy.  I was so happy she was able to have some interesting down time.  But after her week of travel, and mine of chaos, we ended up going to bed by about 8:45. After we fun party girls?  Nephew wasn't far behind us, but he worked 7 shifts in the last 6 days, and had to go in this morning.

Adulting sucks sometimes!

The air has suddenly become cooler. I smelled my first whiff of wood smoke last night...someone fired up their woodstove. I have to clean my chimney today, then go help my older neighbor clean hers.  I have been helping her for years, and have gotten quite good at it!

So, how is life with your boys this week? Anything calming down now that we have survived the eclipses and Mars is no longer retrograde?   (Ha!  I read something this morning about astrology, or I would never have known that!)





I think I am mentally preparing for the upcoming birthday party...I don't know if this is good or not.  S#3 found some cute joke gifts...I think we can stay there, and stay kind and superficial...but is that what I want?????  I think I need to clear my heart and arrive calm and open.

Still not very clear-headed because of this cold. SO I will stop rambling and clean my messy house!

Love and hugs from Clare




No comments:

Post a Comment