Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shalom

Where am I right now...literally or metaphorically?

I am at home- working...
on my studies, writing papers, trying to edit a paper to submit for possible publication, in my garden...
always busy.
I am at home- peaceful...
I feel at peace right now. Ok with all that I have learned from you. Ok with my self being enough.
I am resting from the past few months, gaining strength for the next wave of revelation.
It will not be long, for I feel as if God is preparing me/us for more.

You wrote about your ever changing as a young child.
I once told a therapist that I didn't mind moving so often because I could change the parts of me that I didn't like. I could create what I thought was perfect at that time and in that setting.
I taught myself to be a chameleon. I can change to fit almost any situation.
It is a strength and a weakness, a curse and a blessing...
On the one hand I can assess a situation and adapt to it...
I move from a barn to a board room with very little anxiety...because I can read people and situations. But, on the other hand...
I have never allowed the real, total me to develop and be seen. I keep my true self very close and hidden.

When you wrote about being safe in the basket; was the basket open to the top or covering and hiding you?
I am just curious if you are available or still hiding.

The concept of transparency is frightening and exhilerating simultaneously.
How much do I really want to see and be seen?
My head says accept and work towards total transparency...my heart says protect yourself.
It will take time and patience to move to that stage.
Is transparency the same as enlightenment?

Yesterday I took down 1000 origami cranes that we had folded and hung as a silent wish for peace at the Meeting House.
It was a moving experience to think about all of the levels of peace that I wish for...
World peace, family peace, inner peace...Shalom...the peace that surpasses all understanding.

I wish you Shalom,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment