Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Please don't let fear shut you down, not now nor ever again.
What happened to us is past,
but at the present there are lessons to be gained,
there is much healing to be done,
and hopefully there will be no more abuse in this lineage.

I love the thought that Grandma is guiding us, especially on Mother's Day.
Thank you Grandma, and any other guides who may be directing us.

I remember Pop called me "his little chickadee" and stroked my palm which made me uncomfortable. I don't remember anything else. I always loved Pop, enjoyed spending time with him...I hate that I only have partial recall. I suppose it is a blessing to only remember bits and pieces of my life.

Today we should be grateful for the women that have been in our lives...
They are/were unique, strong women.
They each had to cope with huge obstacles and challenges in their lives.
I am sorry to say that, I feel, they have all lived only partial lives.
By that I mean that they, too, had to deny/repress parts of their soul in order to survive and make it through life.
How many of them wore plastic faces to cover the pain and repression?
How many experienced an opening, such as the one that you and I are experiencing, only to be too afraid to explore it?
Several years ago, Mom told me that she had the same idea, to write a letter of forgiveness to her family members, at about the same age that I did it.
She never acted on that inspiration.
She let the opportunity slip away.
Imagine if she had seized the opportunity...

Thought...Word...Action.....An amazing Trinity for life

Happy Mother's Day...you were my second Mom.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment