Thursday, May 10, 2012

Acceptance and Forgiveness

Clare,
I read the Supermoon post without seeing the other post...

I am the cinderella who forgives and acccepts.I don't think I will invite any of them to move in though.

I agree with you, that once we were 'indoctrinated' into the abuse we were tainted, spoiled...no going back.

Despite that, I have to understand that I put myself into situations that allowed it to happen.
I know I was not responsible for the abusers actions.
I was not a temptress or sexy...God I was only 3 or 4 in the Gap.
I have to process why I didn't say no or stop. I always had the power, but I didn't wield that power until I was 10.

I am breathless at the thought that you knew of the "games" and even that they were occurring. I wonder if you remember what you were feeling and/or thinking, knowing that the "games" were being played. I am not maliciously asking...I just want to understand.
-Maggie

P.S. Mom once made a comment about her family...something like, "with our intelligence we could have changed the world" ...another family legacy...lost potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment