Thursday, January 26, 2017

listen to hear, watch to see...

Clare,

Opening dialogue with anyone else always has merit.

Yes, I think you are on to something. I think the only way to break down the fear-based us versus them mentality it to make everyone an US! Once we see commonality and appreciate difference the barriers dissolve.

I too roll my eyes when I scan Facebook and find people supporting un-democratic ideals being pushed upon us in the name of 'democracy' .
I am biased against those who are not thinking like me. I want them to see the big picture...
understand interrelatedness...
feel connections.
And yet they are hurting too.
They need to be led by a strong presence...
even if it makes no sense to me.

Yes, I like the idea of talking to 'them' and creating 'us'.

But, it has to be small steps or else the step off is too great and people will be afraid.
Small steps.
Peace-filled steps.
Loving kindness steps.
filled with a genuine listening and seeing of the other.
Listening to hear, watching to see...
the Light in the other.

One of my favorite songs is a simple tune...
Open my eyes Lord, help me to see your face.
Open my ears Lord, help me to hear your voice.
Open my heart Lord, help me to love like you.

It's a prayer for all times. I've journaled those words many times.

How is the time with your family? The pictures look wonderful, the smiles are genuine and full of life.

I am pitching my classroom for new moms to complete their education...
more from an attachment and decrease risk of abuse perspective...
people are starting to respond and voice understanding of the effects of adversity and the need to protect. I'm really energized to make this a reality.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment