Tuesday, January 24, 2017

dreamwork

Hi Maggie,

I seem to be working things out in dreamtime.

I was really interested in a shamanic dream course, and so I listened to the intro webinar, 45 minutes of cool, followed by 15 minutes of buy me. Then to increase the fervor, a few days later there was an hour of work and Q&A with the course leader.

In the second session, the leader asked us to think about a dream that we remember or a childhood memory that remains important.  He said he was going to have about 2 minutes of drumming. We were supposed to ask for the dream or memory, then write it down. That night we were supposed to use whatever came up as a portal into dream.

So the drumming started.  Instead of a dream or a childhood memory, I remembered the future. I was at your beach-house, early spring, with you and all of the other sisters, and Mom. Mom and I walked down the front stairs, crossed the street, and went out on the beach. We were just walking together, she had her arm on my forearm, so I could support her.

It felt so real. I was shocked, but the only thing that made sense was that I was remembering the future, which the leader had said can happen in the first hour I listened to.

So, when I went to bed that night, I was ready to use that dream as a portal.  I laid down, closed my eyes, and I was at my ex-husband's house, sorting out his possessions, settling his estate.   All of my kids were with me, and we were discussing everything.  I screamed "I don't want to be here. I don't want to do this."

I woke up.  When I closed my eyes and went back to sleep, I settled right back into that experience. All night long...no matter how many times I woke myself up refusing to do that work.  I was really tired for work the next day.

The next day I was trying to decide if that was prophetic, or if I was actually working on releasing things with Dad, through a proxy symbol.

Last night I dreamed I was back in my house, I believe, the Victorian that represents myself.  I came in through a new door, that was like walking into Mom and Dad's house - the one where you lived during high school.  There were more doors though, added rooms. I could hear my kids playing in one room, but I could not see them. I was not worried, though.  I was going through the house, theirs and the added parts, planning to redecorate - new wall paper, something bright, no more dark and faded and old.

Now, last night, I did feel like I was releasing Dad. All night long I felt like I was letting go of him. That is probably why it is time to redecorate myself!

How are you?

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment