Sunday, January 8, 2017

dream...

Hi Maggie,

You should be on your way home now.  Hope you had a fabulous retreat.

I had a dream last night, and didn't write anything down, assuming I would remember a lot today. Now I am less sure of my ability to recall detail.

I dreamed I was with the boys. I was adult, but all four of our brothers, all three of my sons, and my two grandsons were all in the 6 - 10 years old range.  They all looked so much alike.  (Which is true...)  I was at the side of a road with two boys. It may have been B#2 and B#4, or it may have been my Son#1 and Son #2.  I started across the road and saw a car and turned and said,  "Wait there."  I  crossed and tuned to watch and the older was following me, and it was going to be close and because the older went, the younger started running.  He tripped, his heel just at the tire near the yellow line, pushed off and flew to me. My heart was pounding.  In my dream-mind's-eye, he had been hit.  It was so close. And now I am remembering, he didn't run to me.  He was in shock, running in circles in the road. I calmed my voice and told him to come to me, as I stepped out to guide him.  Then he came to my arms.

My dream self wondered why he ran.  I told him to wait.  And then I thought about how much we need each other. We need to be together.  We don't want to be alone, and feeling unsafe.

Part of the dream involved a new neighbor, a woman with six or eight daughters who all looked exactly alike, who were all dressed exactly alike in brown dresses. They all had brown hair and all wore the same glasses. I remember saying that there must be twins in this crowd. Two of the girls raised their hands. They were not the same height, although some were.  They said they were obviously not identical.

And it was another of those dreams with lots of family members, all interacting...for some reason it all seemed so profound in the middle of the night. But now the depth has escaped me.

So I will leave it here, in case it means something...

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment