Thursday, December 22, 2016

Use me

Hi Maggie,

I am sort of settling into Christmas.  I am not ready, I will not be ready, and it is always okay.  I have a lot of cleaning and cooking to do, and I have to work tomorrow.  I have not wrapped much of anything, but there is not much to wrap.  The gifts I need to send are only going out tomorrow.  They will be late.

Oh well.

I make lists of what I would like to do, and keep cutting it.  Keep delaying...

Christmas has never been easy for me.

I am looking forward to January, settling into my big soft easy chair with seed catalogs, and dreaming of spring.

Maybe I will start preparing for Christmas in February next year...yeah, maybe...

Does your youngest know he is one bad choice from boarding school?  You might want to let him know.  Or...what does he think he wants?

You know, I have read that more and more  women are being hired, because we get paid three-quarters of what our male counterparts are paid. And more and more of those women work part-time, because then we don't get benefits, or, because then the employer does not have to pay benefits.  And that is why it happens to us.  It is how the 1% exploit the rest of us.

I had a committee meeting last night.  We discerned we are praying the prayer,  "Use me."  which is frightening.  And maybe we are not ready to hear the answer...

When I think about what is happening in this country, it seems surreal.

Feeling a bit lost...but still sending love and hugs from wherever I am.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment