Monday, December 12, 2016

Kinda

Hi Maggie...

I got the next step...I got it from thinking back to Christ, to Gandhi, to King...it is submission but without obedience. I got stuck in passive and forgot about resistance.

We made Christmas cookies last weekend. I had my two younger, local grandkids.  We made dog bone shaped gingerbread cutouts. And the kids really, really decorated them.

My youngest started taking pieces of dough and making teensy pancakes which she was layering and smooshing. She said she was making a cookie for her west coast uncle.  So I got her a pie pan and let her create. She ended up with a fairly good sized lump. We baked it and then she covered it in frosting, and then piled on as much candy as she could. She was very proud in the end. It is all wrapped up special for her uncle now.

Do I have the spirit? Kinda. Maybe...maybe...

I am having fun trying to create a menu for Christmas Eve.  I love trying out new recipes.

I got a subscription to Mother Earth News for Christmas. I am inspired. I am going to get chicks next spring...maybe for my birthday! And I want to get my garden back under control. I lost it when we had the baby.  She is not even mine, but she has kept me very busy. Now, maybe she can help. If not, she is old enough to be outside without my having to watch her every moment.

I remember being 20, reading that magazine, and wanting that life. That yearning is still inside me. I want to be self-sufficient.

Never too old!!

Lots going on, but not too much to share...

Hope your home is calm and happy!!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment